Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rain, rain, GO AWAY!

(and please DON'T come back another day)


After what seemed like the longest, coldest winter I can remember, I sure have been looking forward to spring. You know, warmer temperatures, blooming flowers, sunny days, letting the kids play outside all day long and burning off all that extra energy.

Turns out my dreams of spring are being washed away in a literal flood of rain. Iowa has been hit hard with rain, thunderstorms and tornadoes this spring. A town near us had roads and businesses flooded as bad as they were in the floods of '93.

After too many "indoor playing days" due to the rain, I just had to let the kids outdoors one nice day. Even though the sun was out, the effects of the rain were still present. Here are some pictures of the kids wading in OUR BACK YARD!!! (**knock on wood** and much finger crossing going on here, but so far we haven't had any water in our basement).
















(And I'm sure you can guess that after all this fun the kids had to go straight to the bath - I carried them from the back door to the bathroom. They were sooooo dirty they had to have two baths, the first one to rinse the dirt off, the second with some clean water to actually wash up in. Now THAT'S dirty!)

5 comments:

Lauri said...

What fun! I so remember those days as a kid. Loved to make mudpies! What an adorable family!

Lauri said...

Love the pics! Those are going to be great memories, playing in the mud! What a gorgeous family!

Sarah said...

Love that first picture! And I agree this weather has been horrid! Hopefully your basement stays dry, so far ours has but I believe you guys up north have had a little bit more rain. AND the forecase does not look ANY better, ugh!!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

Those are some great pictures!

Tracy said...

Great pictures! ...and yeah, I'm pretty tired of this so called Spring too!