Thursday, June 12, 2008

Play ball!

T-ball, that is. Yep, Natalie's entering Kindergarten this fall, and along with the big step of entering school, she also earns the privilege of getting to play her first team sports. This summer is T-ball and if we survive that, soccer comes next in the fall.

Now, I will preface this by saying that some frequently heard comments in our house include, "Watch out Natalie!", "Be careful!" and "It's a good thing we didn't name her Grace." The child didn't learn to pedal a bike until about age 4. So you can imagine that I was a bit nervous about how playing ball would go.....

I can honestly say that this year of t-ball is FUN. Everybody gets to hit, everybody gets on base and runs all the bases to home, nobody gets out and they don't keep score. The teams play for an hour (3x at bat and 3x in the outfield) and then they're done! Afterwards the kids get snacks and juice.

Here are a few pics to prove that she is DEFINITELY my child. (My mom reminded me during Naty's first game, that I was kind of "spacey" in the outfield. To which I replied that since I could neither catch, throw nor hit well, there wasn't much to do but daydream the game away....)




doin' a little dance.....



chewin' some gum.....



checkin' the time....


Really, she did play well. Imagine my horror when I realized they were actually going to PITCH to the kids (then if they don't get a hit off the pitch they hit from the tee). Natalie (bless her heart) actually got 1 hit off the pitch, the other two times she hit from the tee. Probably better than I could do. LOL!








3 comments:

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

Yey Natalie! My 5 year old looked just like that when she played tball too. Soccer is much more involved though - she really loves that!

Tracy said...

My word she is so cute! What fun!

Kendra said...

Go Natalie!! So sweet...