Monday, July 7, 2008

Fireworks!

Our town did fireworks on July 5 out at the lake. We went early and had a snack while watching the boat parade, then let the kids play at the playground before dark. It was a LATE night for us (usually the kids are in bed by 8:30 at the latest, but we didn't even get home from fireworks until 10:30!).

This was my first attempt at taking pictures of fireworks. I think I did OK, especially since I'm still using my point & shoot, not a nicer camera. I did take my tripod out to the lake....I don't think I would have gotten ANY shots to turn out without it. I took about 60 fireworks pictures, and these are the only ones that came out worth a darn. LOL!



Watching the boats....





This is an Andrew.



This is an Andrew eating M&Ms.

Moral of the story? ALWAYS carry wet wipes!




The boat parade....













Hope everyone had a great 4th!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Your pictures are terrific!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

Looks like fun, and I think your pictures look great! Fireworks are tough!