Friday, October 17, 2008

M is for Marathon

Well, it's finally here. The day I've been training for the past 18 weeks. I'm excited, nervous and full of self-doubt (gotta work on that).

My family.....LOTS of my family are coming to watch me run. My husband and kids will be there, along with my mom, sister, grandma and my in-laws. No pressure, but I better finish, huh?!?

I have to give a big, huge THANK YOU to my "Stork Sisters" who posted the nicest encouragement thread on HCTS. I've got it printed out and in my race bag so I can take it with on my run.

I'm not sure what else to say other than if you read this, please cross your fingers, or pray, or whatever it is you do for NO RAIN and NO WIND on Sunday. The race starts at 8am CST and I anticipate finishing between 12:30-1pm. I'd love any thoughts or prayers for mental strength and physical endurance during that time.

I'll be sure to give a post-race update either Sunday night or sometime on Monday.

Here's my marathon training.....by numbers:
460 - the number of miles I ran to train for the race
208 - the number of minutes my longest run took me
50 - the average amount (in ounces) I drink in Gatorade during a long training run
35 - my highest number of miles I ran in a week
20 - the number of miles in my longest training run
18 - the number of Saturday's in a row I've had a long training run
7 - the number of miles I've run during this last taper week (and yes, I'm about to jump out of my skin because I feel like I should be RUNNING MORE!)
2 - how many pairs of shoes I went through during training
1 - more day until race day!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am so proud of you! Have fun - the end makes it all worth it!

Sarah said...

You will do great girl! It looks like it will be a beautiful day for it!