Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kindergarten, here we come!

Well, I've known the start date for school is August 18. I've known that Natalie is going to Kindergarten. We've talked about it, shopped for it and are all prepared.

But we got her official school registration form and a nice note from her teacher this past week, welcoming her to Kindergarten and talking about Back to School night (the K-6 grade kids go the night before the first day of school to drop off all their "stuff", meet their teachers, find their lockers, etc. so the first day won't be such a stress) and the first day of school.





And that's when it hit me....

In 16 days (well, 15 really since today is almost over) my baby is going to Kindergarten.

I can't help but wonder how 5 1/2 years have flown by in the blink of an eye. And how my baby has gone from this......



to this....



I've come to the conclusion that being a mom is all about these bittersweet moments of being so proud of how your children are growing up, yet so sad to let go of those precious baby days.

1 comment:

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

Well you already know exactly how I feel about this! Hang in there mom, and enjoy the next two weeks. It's rough.

PS) 93 minutes before I can leave to pick up Annie!