Friday, September 5, 2008

Small town living

Yesterday I had two "happenings" that remind me why I love living in a small town.

The first was when our "back yard" neighbor came over to tell us that his yard had been sprayed by the the lawn company and to make sure the kids stayed off it for 24 hours (we cut through their yard - with their blessing - on our walk to school 'cause it chops off 2 blocks and at least 5 minutes).

The second was after school when we got Natalie's hair cut. I got out my checkbook to pay and the hairstylist said....."Oh, why don't you just wait. You and Andrew are coming in for haircuts next week, no need to write out two checks, you can just pay for it all then."

Sure, every once and a while I wish we lived in a town with a mall or Target....heck even Wal-Mart. But I can drive to those stores, I'll take my small-town living any day of the week!

2 comments:

becca said...

love this! I would love to live in a small town!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

I hear you on that! I LOVE my little town!

It was rather shocking, though, when we first moved here and discovered how many little shops can't accept debit/credit cards! When I tried to pay the storage unit people with a debit card he couldn't take it, but told me not to worry, and he ran a few stores down to swipe it there! LOL In my head I imagined them discussing these 'new-fangled contraptions' while they waited for the receipt to print...