Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mmmmm.....tomatoes!

My tomato plants finally decided to stop tormenting me and now I'm getting bucketfuls of ripe tomatoes (I prefer roma tomatoes, so that's what you see in the pics) on a daily bases. And even my pepper plants are getting the groove.

I have learned that eating 5-6 tomatoes a day can give you heartburn and ummmm.....how can I delicately put this....make sure you're as regular as clockwork. ;-) Despite this I cannot resist their yummy goodness and will continue to gorge myself on tomatoes because I live in Iowa.....tomato season is short and it will be a long, cold winter before it comes around again.





My mom (a fellow tomato-a-holic) saw this picture on my computer and asked if I would print and frame it for her for Christmas. LOL!


No comments: